Sunday, March 21, 2010

Toto, we're not on a boat anymore



Look out Adam Samberg – we ain’t on boats anymore...we jumped ship and hopped on a horse.


Yes, Old Spice has brought new blood to the viral video realm and this made-for-superbowl ad is like no other.



For those of you who are like me, Canadian, we aren't privileged to the brilliant million dollar ads created for this annual sporting day of worship. So, luckily for us...we have, drum roll please...YouTube.

And boy oh boy has Old Spice kicked it up with some delicious flavour this time around.

So why exactly does Old Spice have us gallivanting around on horses?

Well, let me tell you why:

  • Their ads achieve greater reach and allow the North-of-the-border folk (and everyone else for that matter) to watch their genius ad campaigns...so we too can convince our boyfriends to stop smelling like Dove bodywash and man-up!
  • The company has started speaking directly to WOMEN – let's face it, we’re likely the ones going to the store to buy these products for our men anyways.
  • @therealoldspice has created a solid twitter following and actively engages in two-way communication (this is the key to online success).
  • Now that they've tweeted me (@gingy007), I'm always visiting their YouTube channel to see what they’re going to come up with next.




I know one thing’s for sure, unless some company can get me on a bull – I’m on the Old Spice band wagon and I’m on a horse.



My colleagues have also been horsing around. Be sure to see what Eva, Ben, Pat, Jaymes and Laura have to say.


Spicy Ging.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant campaign. And you're so right about the two-way communication. Very important and all too often companies forget that.

    ReplyDelete