Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why Not Wednesdays?

As term 1 of Humber College's PR certificate program comes to an end, our social media class held a #FutureCamp to discuss how we will stay connected.

Led by Jenna Stothers and Zack Sandor-Kerr, the event was a great success but at times a bit Camp Nowhere-Ish (which is totally awesome if you know what I'm talking about!!)

The room was separated into sub-groups according to industry interests. I sat in the arts/media relations section between Brian and Deb.


Several ideas came up that we'll use to stay in touch:

  • Using a new twitter hashtag (#YnotW - which stands for Why Not Wednesdays)
  • Continue using our facebook page to stay updated, post job opportunities and discuss what's going on in the world today
  • Hold bi-monthly get-togethers just because we'll miss each others faces

And just because we love the other PR class too, we'll use the certificate group on linkedin and have tournaments to prove the 2C class is just a wee bit better (JOKES!)

I would hate to say I'm only going to call upon anyone in my sub-group (arts/media) because I really believe the entire Humber PR 2C class is unbelievably talented and will be a strong network moving forward.

This class has been a true inspiration and I am thankful to have met everyone.

Thank you.

Gingy B

No comments:

Post a Comment